Home to the largest GT’s in the world
Astove Atoll is a large atoll, part of the Aldabra Group in the outer islands of the Seychelles. Astove is famous for being one of the worlds leading saltwater Flyfishing destinations. Famous for its Giant Trevally numbers and pure variety of fish species that our anglers catch on a daily basis.
Not only is Astove Atoll famous for being one of the worlds best fisheries, its post card like scenery is what dreams are made of. White sand flats in a wild world like no other. This untouched, remote area of the world is pristine in every way and is home to over 30 different species of fly catchable fish.
Unique and versatile
Astove Atoll is home to a huge variety of saltwater fish species. Many anglers will tick a huge amount of fish off their bucket list on just one trip to the Atoll. However Astove is famous for the quantity of huge Giant Trevally that swim its waters.
The famous “Wall” at Astove, combined with the unique Lagoon is the perfect combination that allows for huge fish to enters its flats making them venerable to us fly fishers. The island offers a rare opportunity to cast at really big fish on white sand flats.
Perfectly designed for the beach
The newly renovated lodge own Astove island only accommodates six, ideal for small parties. The lodge is basic but comfortable with full functioning facilities.
With six single rooms, each with en-suite and air-conditioned, guests will enjoy an attentive service throughout their stay. The lodge has a comfortable lounge area with a large courtyard which is ideal for tackle set-up at the weeks beginning.
You will also enjoy exquisite dinning during your stay at the lodge, typically consisting of a cooked English breast each morning. A full packed lunch out on the flats and a buffet style dinner often with a sea food platter.
Food & Cuisine
Fresh from the ocean
You will enjoy exquisite dinning during your stay at the lodge, typically consisting of a cooked English breast each morning, a full packed lunch out on the flats and a buffet style dinner often with a sea food platter.
Day 1 – Depart Home City to Mahé
- Depart Home City on flight to Mahé – Seychelles
- Over night in hotel – recommend Eden Bleu Hotel
Day 2 – Mahé to AStove island
- Depart hotel and transfer by taxi to IDC Hanger
- Depart IDC on chartered flight direct to Astove Island
- Arrive Astove shown to room before relaxing for the afternoon
- Afternoon spent setting up gear with guides, fishing, relaxing at the bar or pool
Day 3 to Day 10 – Continued fishing
- Enjoy 6 full days of fishing and overnight stays in the Seychelles.
Day 11 – Depart for home city
- Transfer from hotel to international airport.
- Continue on flight to home city.
- Arrive home city.
- Continue with own arrangements.
- Full board accommodation throughout your stay on Astove Island
- 1 Guide per 2 fishers and flats skiff
- Fishing licence
- IDC charter flight
- Transfers on Mahe & home city
- International Flights
- Hotels in Mahé
- Rental fishing equipment
- Items of a personal nature